Our promise to you the user:
1. Anything you create in GoBubble is yours, not ours (photos, films, words). You login using the account your school has created for you
2. We don’t sell any information about you to other companies for marketing or advertising. We don’t feature any advertising and there is no tracking of your account for behavioural or third party advertising in GoBubble or elsewhere
3. To help us make sure the GoBubble technology works in the right way to keep you safe we will collect some information (data). This however is just for us to use internally for product improvement. We do not use data for research purposes
4. If you want to use GoBubble outside of school your parent needs to give their consent first. Your parent records this in the app using the special parent login and password provided by your school. To use it in school time we treat your school as giving the parent consent (as it is being used for educational purposes).
5. We have a team (moderation) who check GoBubble photos, films and words to make sure they are safe and won’t upset anyone. Every social interaction is pre-moderated to keep all users as safe as possible at all times
6. You can wipe your account whenever you wish and you can delete your account whenever you wish
7. We’ll always try and be clear in anything we say
8. If we get hacked (have a data breach) we will report all users (those affected and those not) within the same day of it coming to the attention of our CEO. We will then keep you updated on a regular basis through or website and social channels on updates to the fix
8. Anything we add to this list in the future we’ll let you know about
Our commitment to your privacy
Privacy is of high importance to us. We need to be able to moderate all content to keep all of our users as safe as can be and study analytics to ensure the platform is performing to the best of its ability to improve our service for you. Only those team members with appropriate security clearance and training on our internal data handling procedures will have access to personal user data.
The safety of every child is our priority. If there’s ever any activity that causes concern for a child (sending an inappropriate message, photo or video) we will contact a person in a position of trust as soon as possible. If we are unable to reach the parent directly in realtime we will contact the child’s school if we have their details. This notification will take the form of whatever is the quickest way to reach the person in the position of trust.
All messages are checked by our safety software and if any are deemed inappropriate they are flagged either amber or in the most serious cases red. These messages are flagged to the sender as “in moderation”.
The amber and reds then go into a checking silo and don’t appear to any other user. A human moderator then reviews the amber and reds. If they fail to meet our terms and conditions the message will be declined and never seen by any other user. Other action available to the moderators includes suspending accounts. If there is ever a photo or video showing sexualised behaviour these will also be deleted from our main server, in the interests of child protection.
Our commitment to your wellbeing
In GoBubble we care greatly about you. To ensure we’re doing everything we can to give you a safe enjoyable experience we:
- We screen out all bad emoji, inappropriate language (including bullying terms), inappropriate photos and videos (based on the image and the audio)
- Only reward the likes you give, not the ones you get – so it’s not a popularity contest. Also we don’t show how many friends people have. Instead you’re rewarded by how nice you are to others and how many likes you give out
- Don’t disclose your location or use any visible geo-location tracking
- Store all our data on secure Microsoft Azure servers
To keep you safe we also ensure:
- There are no public profiles that can be shared outside of GoBubble
- Every user is verified as a child as only schools can create child accounts
- You can only connect with users the same year group age around the World
- Only official users (admin) can create competitions or offer prizes. No child can create a competition or offer prizes
- We treat your data with the utmost confidentiality. We don’t disclose your account or content to any third parties. We will only notify your school, parent or law enforcement if there is a concern for your personal or emotional wellbeing and safety
Now the detailed legal bits that we have to cover, so sorry if the language might be a bit complicated here…
Our data protection (GDPR)
We only collect data to help us ensure the system is running efficiently, make improvements where needed or to help with product development. If you want your data removed and wiped you can do this yourself within the app or you can email firstname.lastname@example.org and we can do this on your behalf. All requests are processed within 24 hours maximum (excluding public holidays, in which case it is done the next working day). We carry out monthly data audits and training and process reviews once a quarter (next due October 2018).
The only personally identifiable information we collect for the app to operate is:
- Your name
- The county and country where you go to school
- Your year group in school
- If you are a boy or a girl
This data is retained for the duration your account is in GoBubble (or if inactive for 12 months, then after the period the pupil would have left the school that created the account). You can delete your own data in the settings tab in the app. If you wish to have a downloaded copy of your data please email email@example.com. If you wish to amend any errors please speak to a teacher at your school first who can make amendments for you. Alternatively please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We don’t collect:
- Email addresses, phone numbers, home address, date of birth, parent email, geolocation, biometric, health, behavioural or another type of personally or non-personally identifiable information
- We also won’t transfer your data to any third party
If any parent would like to request a summary of the data stored on their child they can view this in their parent login within the app or they can email the Data Controller at email@example.com.
A school can see the content their pupils have shared to the groups the school creates, however they are not able to see the content filtered to that of a particular child. A parent can only see the content either a teacher or their own child has produced. They cannot see any information or content from another children (either at the school or elsewhere).
If any of your personal information is shared by mistake with someone who is not you or your school then we must ensure we let you or your teacher know that this has happened within 72 hours of us knowing about it.
If we get hacked on mass that impacts high number of users, we will report to all users (those affected and those not) within the required 72hours of the breach and of it coming to the attention of the Data Controller (i.e. Director of the business). We will then keep you updated on a regular basis through our website and social channels on updates to the fix. We will also inform the supervisory authority.
Keeping your information
We will only retain your account for as long as either your school is an eCadet school or if the account is deactivated or dormant for any reason for more than 3 months then the account will be fully deleted within that academic year to ensure we can maintain the highest level of service possible.
Keeping up to date records
We need your help to ensure the information that you are happy for us to hold for the needs of the eCadets programme to service the contract with your school is correct and up to date, therefore the appointed eCadet teacher at each school needs to either amend, remove or inform us that user information needs to be deleted or a whole school’s information is to be removed (i.e. when a school gives notice to leave the eCadets programme and not renew the annual subscription so information is up to date and not kept unnecessarily).
Hosting the eCadets site
The eCadets website is powered by Microsoft Azure hosted in the UK and for more information about the Microsoft Azure commitments to GDPR and data governance please visit https://discover.office.com/gdpr-and-data-governance-guide-to-microsoft-tools
GoBubble is just for use for under 13s only (no teens or adults allowed). Parents have access to personalised safety controls within the app to ensure they can tailor the experience to their level of satisfaction and without them having to constantly monitor their child’s usage.
- You can create text, emoji, photo or videos bubbles to share in GoBubble. Everyone will be checked by our moderation AI platform Luca, as well as human moderators. In the near future you will be able to upload previously recorded content however that will also be moderated before it appears in the platform
- Be awesome to each other. (We don’t like bullies and will remove people from GoBubble if we become aware of people trying to use it to upset others). You can connect with your classmates and make new friends from our lists of verified child users (only those the same year group age as you). You can see the profile overview (name and county/country) of users the same age to support the social aspect of GoBubble. You can also anonymously report users if you want to and it will be flagged to our team to resolve the matter with 1 day. We will notify you on the outcome which can include suspending the other user or removing them from the site altogether
- Respect artists. (Please don’t copy someone else’s work or pretend it’s yours. Someone else will have worked very hard creating it and it’s their copyright)
- Respect yourself. (Please don’t post pictures, films or messages that are rude, nasty or could upset someone else. If you do share inappropriate images we will report these to your parent and school)
Whilst we used to have an optional in-app upgrade for parents only this has now been removed and deactivated as we want every child to be able to equally participate in GoBubble. There are no in-app purchases for any users (children, parents or teachers).
Children’s Online Privacy Notice
For users in America
Who Operates This Website?
c/o eCadets Ltd, Regus House, Chester, CH4 9QR, UK
The last update to our Privacy Notice was posted on 7/13/2018.
The Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) requires us to inform parents or legal guardians about how we collect, use, and disclose personal information from children under the age of 13. COPPA also requires that we get consent from parents or legal guardians before we allow children under the age of 13 to use and interact with some sections, applications, and activities on our website. We offer users a number of activities, some of which are directed at children under the age of 13, and other activities that are targeted for users of all ages.
Verifiable Parental Consent
Should we want to collect personal information from a child, COPPA requires that we first obtain a parent or legal guardian’s consent. In an email (or other approved method) sent to the parent or legal guardian we will describe what information we would like to collect, how we propose to use it, how the parent can offer and cancel consent. If we do not obtain consent from the parent within a reasonable timeframe, we will remove the child and parent information collected with the request.
Teacher Consent in Replace of a Parent
For school-based registration, school administrators and teachers are allowed under COPPA to act on behalf of the parents to give consent when collecting personal information from children. Teachers and school administrators should always inform parents when collecting personal information from children on their behalf.
Information We Collect From Children, How We Use It, and Parental Rights
Children can’t register with our website to use our software, online applications, view content, participate in contests, receive emails, and engage in other activities. If this changes in the future, we may collect information from children by them doing so. When we collect personal information from a child, we will hold that information only as long as reasonably necessary to allow the child to continue to use and interact with our website.
During the registration process we may ask a child to give us information for security purposes, announcements, and notifications. This information includes a child’s first name, child’s last name, gender, username, account name, password, and parent or legal guardian’s email address, photo with parent (for age verification) and other contact information. Children can choose whether to provide their information to us; however our website features may not function without the required information.
To comply with COPPA requirements, on our website where we ask for the age of a user who is under the age of 13 we will ask for their parent or legal guardian’s email address before we collect any personal information from a child. If you think that your child is involved in an activity that collects personal information and you or another parent or legal guardian has not received a request for consent to collect such information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Automatic Information Collected and Persistent Identifiers
When children interact with our website and services, specific information may automatically be collected. We collect this information to make our website and services useful to children and other users. We also use this information for internal business purposes, including improving our website, in particular it helps to maintain our safety procedures and software. Some examples of this type of information include the child’s IP address, mobile device identifier, type of web browser, type of operating system, online service provider used, and the regularity with which the child visits different parts of our website.
This data and information are collected using online technologies such as cookies, web beacons, and other unique identifiers that are explained below.
Computer Information Collected
Our moderation software collects and checks all communications sent in our system (including the sender, the person receiving the message and the time/date). This is to help us ensure the system is working correctly and resolve any personal safety matters or breaches of our terms and conditions quickly and efficiently if needed.
How We Use Collected Information
This information and data are primarily used for our own purposes in order to:
- Let users and children access and use features of our website
- Improve the features and usability of our website
- Let us analyze data to see how our website is performing
- Email notifications to parents or in-app notifications to children
We will not share a child’s personal information with other individuals or companies except in limited situations, including the following:
- When other companies perform services for us, like customer support, email services, delivery services, call centers, data management services, help desk providers, and shopping cart providers; however, these companies are prohibited from using a child’s personal information for purposes other than those requested by us or required by law.
- Disclosing a child’s personal information if required or permitted by law, for example, in response to a subpoena, law enforcement, court order, or public agency’s request.
- To protect the safety of a child.
- To safeguard the security of our website and companies that provide services for us.
As a parent or legal guardian you have the following rights regarding your child’s use of our website:
- To review the personal information we collected from your child
- To revoke the consent to use or further collect your child’s personal information
- To request that your child’s personal information be changed or deleted
- To allow the collection and use of your child’s information, but not allow disclosure to third parties unless it is part of our service
- To send you a new notice and get your consent if we make changes to the collection, use, or disclosure practices to which you previously agreed
Parents can exercise their rights shown directly above by contacting us at email@example.com.
Copyright © Orion Systems. This document or any portion of it may not be copied or duplicated without
a license from https://www.DisclaimerTemplate.com
By using GoBubble, the user agrees as follows:
The information, services and products are sold or given to the user with the understanding that neither the author, seller, nor publisher is engaged in rendering any legal, business or financial advice to the purchaser or to the general public. The views and opinions expressed
are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of
GoBubble. Any content provided by our bloggers or authors are of their opinion, and are not intended to malign any religion, ethnic group, club, organization, company, individual or anyone or anything.
Although we make strong efforts to make sure our information is accurate, GoBubble cannot guarantee that all the information on this website and or blog is always correct, complete, or up-to-date.
By purchasing any of our products or services, user agrees to and is knowingly assuming any and all risk associated with using these products or services.
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THE PRODUCTS, SERVICES AND INFORMATION ON THIS WEBSITE AND OR BLOG IS PROVIDED “AS IS” AND WITH ALL FAULTS AND GoBubble MAKES NO PROMISES, REPRESENTATIONS, OR WARRANTIES, EITHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY, OR OTHERWISE, WITH RESPECT TO THE PRODUCTS, SERVICES AND INFORMATION, INCLUDING ITS CONDITION, ITS CONFORMITY TO ANY REPRESENTATION OR DESCRIPTION, OR THE EXISTENCE OF ANY LATENT OR PATENT DEFECTS, AND GoBubble SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ALL IMPLIED (IF ANY) WARRANTIES OF TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY, NONINFRINGEMENT, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, LACK OF VIRUSES, ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS, QUIET ENJOYMENT, AND QUIET POSSESSION. THE ENTIRE RISK ARISING OUT OF USE OR PERFORMANCE OF THE PRODUCTS, SERVICES AND INFORMATION LIES WITH USER.
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL GoBubble OR ITS SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE FOR CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, INDIRECT, OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY RELATING TO THIS AGREEMENT OR USER’S USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE PRODUCTS, SERVICES AND INFORMATION, OR THE PROVISION OR FAILURE TO PROVIDE SUPPORT SERVICES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, LOST PROFITS, LOSS OF CONFIDENTIAL OR OTHER INFORMATION, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, PERSONAL INJURY, LOSS OF PRIVACY, FAILURE TO MEET ANY DUTY (INCLUDING OF GOOD FAITH OR REASONABLE CARE), NEGLIGENCE, COSTS OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES, OR ANY OTHER CLAIM FOR PECUNIARY OR OTHER LOSS WHATSOEVER, OR FOR ANY CLAIM OR DEMAND AGAINST USER BY ANY OTHER PARTY, EVEN IF GoBubble HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. THESE LIMITATIONS SHALL APPLY NOTWITHSTANDING ANY FAILURE OF ESSENTIAL PURPOSE OF ANY LIMITED REMEDY.
NOTWITHSTANDING ANY DAMAGES USER MAY INCUR FOR ANY REASON WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ALL DAMAGES REFERENCED ABOVE AND ALL DIRECT OR GENERAL DAMAGES), THE ENTIRE LIABILITY OF GoBubble AND ANY OF ITS SUPPLIERS UNDER ANY PROVISION OF THIS AGREEMENT AND YOUR EXCLUSIVE REMEDY FOR ALL OF THE FOREGOING SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE GREATER OF THE AMOUNT ACTUALLY PAID FOR THE PRODUCTS, SERVICES AND INFORMATION OR U.S. $1. THE FOREGOING LIMITATIONS, EXCLUSIONS, AND DISCLAIMERS SHALL APPLY TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, EVEN IF ANY REMEDY FAILS ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE.
If any provision of this Agreement is declared invalid or unenforceable, the remaining provisions of this Agreement will remain in effect. GoBubble has the right to modify these terms and conditions at any time.
This disclaimer is protected under United States and foreign copyrights. The copying, redistribution, use or publication by you, is strictly prohibited.